Combo Package; tour the highlights of Banff while looking for animals, then explore a frozen canyon of ice.
Included: Discover Banff & Its Wildlife Tour (8:30am – 11:30am)
Build a connection to our World Heritage Site as you visit Banff’s landmarks, learn its history and view wildlife in their natural winter habitat. This morning tour will include some of the most scenic and historically significant highlights of Banff such as the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls, Surprise Corner Lookout, Hoodoos Viewpoint and Lake Minnewanka. Plus, enjoy hot chocolate and maple cookies at one of the scenic stops. A complete orientation to Banff and a great tour for seeing wildlife in the morning!
Included: Johnston Canyon Icewalk (1:30pm – 5:30pm)
Johnston Canyon is one of the most popular attractions in Banff National Park and has a network of steel catwalks built into the canyon walls that allows you to walk right along this cathedral of ice with airy views into the gorge below. This popular guided icewalk will lead you past the lower falls and on to view the breathtaking upper icefalls from the upper deck. You will also travel through prime wildlife habitat to reach the falls and learn the clues to how Johnston Canyon was formed.
Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or different days.
The best parts of the Discover Banff & Its Wildlife tour for most people include the following:
The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Surprise Corner Lookout
The best parts of the Johnston Canyon Icewalk tour for most people include the following:
Bow Valley Parkway
We provide ice cleats that will be attached to your boots that will prevent you from slipping on the ice. We also have hiking poles if you would like to use them for extra stability.
We provide ice cleats that will be attached to your boots that will prevent you from slipping on the ice, and we have hiking poles for extra stability if you would like to use them as well.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Thermals/base layers/long johns.
- Snow pants are recommended for this tour and are mandatory if it is below -16C (3F). Otherwise on warmer days, jeans/regular pants over long johns are okay. Snow pants can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A warm sweater.
- A warm jacket. Ski jackets can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A hat and mitts.
- A neck warmer or scarf.
- Sturdy warm shoes, ideally winter boots or hiking boots. They do not have to be waterproof, but they must be warm. No heels, ugg boots, flip flops or sandals. If you do not have warm shoes, please contact our Reservations Team and we will check our stock levels or recommend a rental store such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A water bottle.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or different days.
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by someone 18 years and older.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the icewalk. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18.
- Please note that these tours requires a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tours.