Banff Bike Tours in Winter
Winter fat tire e-biking is a brand new and exciting experience in Banff National Park!
Fat Tire biking has rapidly become one of the most popular winter activities. It is the perfect blend of stability and traction in snow and ice, combined with the power of an electric bike.
Our intermediate winter fat tire bike tour features THE BEST groomed fat biking trails in Banff National Park! It’s called “ The Ultimate” Fat bike experience in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains of Banff, AB. This is the perfect tour if you want to safely get into the backcountry while enjoying a gourmet lunch at Sundance Lodge! Participating in this tour requires an above-average fitness level and good cycling skills or athleticism.
Remember to wear/bring:
- Warm winter boots, thick warm socks, or heated socks (but only if you have a pair!)
- Hand and Toe warmers if you tend to get cold fingers and toes
- Warm, full-fingered gloves (not mitts) and protective eyewear (ski goggles/sunglasses)
- Helmets are mandatory and included in the tour cost. Feel free to bring your own. Ski helmets totally work and tend to be warmer than bike helmets on colder days
- Two neck warmers or buffs – one to fit under a helmet and one for around your neck
- Snow pants and winter jackets are essential in temperatures below zero. Gear can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax
- Dress in thin layers to be mobile and remove if necessary.
- A backpack with hot water and room to store layers.
- Distance: 20 km
- Average Speed: 10-15 km/hour
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Elevation Gain: 300m/985 ft
The minimum age is 16 years.
Lunch is included (soup and sandwich)
Meet location: Healy/ Brewster Creek trailhead parking lot
Tour time: 11 am
Don’t miss out on a one-of-a-kind experience! Book your tour today!
Don’t see your preferred time/date available? Call us. Our team will work with you to find a tour option for a budget that works for you. We offer private, group, and custom experiences to satisfy your needs.
The best parts of the tour for most people include the following:
Basic Skills and Pro Tips
Lunch at Sundance lodge
Incredible Banff Scenery
Please be prepared for the mountain weather, it changes quickly and our winter fat bike tours run in anything from -15C (-5F) +10C (+50F). Wind chill can change the temperature dramatically and you will be outside for the duration of your tour.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Photo ID for each adult (18+) for waiver verification.
- Warm winter boots, hand and toe warmers if you tend to get cold toes.
- Warm, full fingered gloves and protective eyewear (goggles/sunglasses).
- Helmets are mandatory and included in tour cost. Feel free to bring your own. Ski helmets totally work and tend to be warmer than bike helmets on colder days.
- A thin winter hat to fit under a helmet.
- Snow pants & winter jackets are essential in any temperatures below zero. Gear can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- Dress in thin layers in order to be mobile and remove if necessary.
- A backpack with hot water and room to store layers.
- Two neck warmers or buffs – one to to fit under a helmet and one for around your neck
- Hand and toe warmers or heated socks if you have them.
- A backpack for items above and with room to store layers.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- The minimum age is 16 years.
- All adults must sign a waiver, which will be sent through upon booking.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants. Please call us 48 hours prior to your tour at 1-877-565-9372 to confirm your booking.
We had a great time with this excursion and our guide, Anna-Lisa was WONDERFUL!
Neither my wife nor I had ever been cross-country skiing. The set-up was easy,... read more
January 24, 2023
This was such a great experience. Apparently it was the coldest day of the year, but cutting through that snow was a breeze on the e-bikes. What a beautiful setting,... read more
December 3, 2022
My wife and I rented e-fat bikes from Bikescape for something different to do. We have never ridden e-bikes before so Clare told us everything we needed to know about... read more
January 29, 2022
Leader Claire was fantastic. Patient, kind, funny and informative, she confidently led us fat tire newbies to easy trails initially, then more and more challenging trails, including a break... read more
February 18, 2023
Perfect day with a great guide! Anna-Lisa did a super job of refreshing my skills and bringing along the newbies in the group. She is a very patient instructor with... read more
December 18, 2022
Our group of riders ranged from occasional cyclists to very experienced and all had a great time on the tour. Clare's video and photo game was top shelf,... read more
March 3, 2022
Clare was so friendly and professional at the same time, teaching us how to safely and efficiently Cross-country ski in a such a relaxing way. Telling us about the history... read more
January 27, 2022
Had a fantastic time on the tour that i booked a second one for the following day! e-Bikes are easy to operate and provide lots of assistance when needed, highly... read more
January 28, 2022
Winter Fun - Such a fun day biking around Banff. Really enjoyed seeing the sites and paths around the town. The bikes are a lot of fun, very easy to use... read more
February 27, 2023