Banff Bike Tours
Winter (e) fat biking is a brand new, ultimate experience offered in majestic Banff National Park.
Explore the local packed multi-use trails in Banff and get an introduction to e-fat biking on this new guided experience. Tours include a local professional and energetic guide along with your bike and helmet.
No experience necessary, your guide will provide you with all the skills required for a truly epic experience that will leave you with an ear to ear grin.
Don’t see your preferred time/date available? Call us. Our team will work with you to build an affordable, custom private or group session that suits YOUR idea of a good time. Give us a call.
Winter bike tours in Banff offer a great way to explore the beauty of nature during the coldest months. With winter comes crisp, fresh air and sparkling snow that covers the landscape in a blanket of white. There is nothing more invigorating than braving the elements on two wheels as you explore enthralling trails and paths. Don’t miss out on a one-of-a-kind experience and book your tour today!
The best parts of the tour for most people include the following:
Basic Skills and Pro Tips
Incredible Banff Scenery
Please be prepared for the mountain weather, it changes quickly and our winter fat bike tours run in anything from -15C (-5F) +10C (+50F). Wind chill can change the temperature dramatically and you will be outside for the duration of your tour.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Photo ID for each adult (18+) for waiver verification.
- Warm winter boots, hand and toe warmers if you tend to get cold toes.
- Warm, full fingered gloves and protective eyewear (goggles/sunglasses).
- Helmets are mandatory and included in tour cost. Feel free to bring your own. Ski helmets totally work and tend to be warmer than bike helmets on colder days.
- A thin winter hat to fit under a helmet.
- Snow pants & winter jackets are essential in any temperatures below zero. Gear can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- Dress in thin layers in order to be mobile and remove if necessary.
- A backpack with hot water and room to store layers.
- A couple of neck warmers such as a buff or a face covering.
- Hand and toe warmers or heated socks if you have them.
- A backpack for items above and with room to store layers.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- The minimum age is 12 years.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- All adults must sign a waiver, which will be sent through upon booking. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 years.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 2 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.
- Tour can be made private with a minimum of 4 participants, please call to inquire.
Clare was so friendly and professional at the same time, teaching us how to safely and efficiently Cross-country ski in a such a relaxing way. Telling us about the history... read more
January 27, 2022
We had a wonderful cross country skiing tour with Anna-Lisa! She is a great instructor and made our experience super fun and exciting! We were up and skiing in no... read more
December 29, 2022
Went for a fabulous 2 hour e-bike Ride in the snow. Clare took us on so many scenic trails with some fabulous stops for photo ops! Loved that Clare... read more
January 23, 2022
Coach Clare is the most amazing tour guide and master of STOKE!!! She took us to the best spots in town and kept our ride fun and engaging. From the... read more
July 4, 2022
My wife and I rented e-fat bikes from Bikescape for something different to do. We have never ridden e-bikes before so Clare told us everything we needed to know about... read more
January 29, 2022
Loved it! Clare is an amazing guide - she knows her backyard & is incredibly aware of her clients. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 hour e-bike tour. The bikes are... read more
January 25, 2022
Highlight of our trip! We loved seeing the sights, being outside, and getting first class treatment (homemade cookies!)! Highly recommend! 5 stars!
October 14, 2022
Had a fantastic time on the tour that i booked a second one for the following day! e-Bikes are easy to operate and provide lots of assistance when needed, highly... read more
January 28, 2022
Amazing way to explore Banff - Clare took us on a winter e-fat bike tour around Banff on an epic powder day. She talked us through all of the bike controls and made sure we had... read more
January 24, 2023