Banff Via Ferrata & Caving Tours
Overlooking the town of Banff, Mount Norquay’s Via Ferrata (Italian for iron road) lets you scale a mountain — with zero mountaineering experience needed. In fact, the only thing you need is a sense of adventure and a head for heights.
With a certified guide leading the way, and all your safety gear included, you can tackle the route along three separate trails.
Up for a tougher challenge? A guided climb following the “Summiteer” route crosses a 3-wire suspension bridges across a gaping chasm, continuing to 2,450 meters at the East Summit. Harder on the legs? Yeah, it is. But dazzling 360-degree views at the top more than make up for the extra effort.
- No mountaineering experience needed
- Climbers are secured to the rock with a harness and use fixed anchors, cables and ladders
- Experienced alpine guides lead the way
- All tours includes your safety equipment and helmet
- Stop for lunch at the historic Cliff House Bistro (once visited by Marilyn Monroe)
- Caves remain at an even 5C year year, making it a year round activity.