Banff Via Ferrata & Caving Tours
From scenic scrambles around Lake Louise to challenging multi-pitch ascents up Mt. Louis, the Canadian Rockies are an alpine playground for rock climbers. But it’s not just seasoned mountaineers who get to have all the fun.Overlooking the town of Banff, Mount Norquay’s Via Ferrata (Italian for iron road) lets you scale a mountain — with zero mountaineering experience needed. In fact, the only thing you need is a sense of adventure and a head for heights.
With a certified guide leading the way, and all your safety gear included, you can tackle the route along three separate trails.
Up for a tougher challenge? A guided climb following the “Summiteer” route crosses a 3-wire suspension bridges across a gaping chasm, continuing to 2,450 meters at the East Summit. Harder on the legs? Yeah, it is. But dazzling 360-degree views at the top more than make up for the extra effort.
- No mountaineering experience needed
- Climbers are secured to the rock with a harness and use fixed anchors, cables and ladders
- Experienced alpine guides lead the way
- All tours includes your safety equipment and helmet
- Stop for lunch at the historic Cliff House Bistro (once visited by Marilyn Monroe)
- Caves remain at an even 5C year year, making it a year round activity.