Banff Wildlife Tours
Watch rutting elk lock horns in combat, a family of bighorn sheep grazing, and shaggy-haired grizzly bears feast on buffaloberries. Seeing these creatures for the first time is a true Banff experience. On our wildlife watching tours, there’s no knowing what animals you might end up spotting. But our eagle-eyed guides know the top places to visit for the best chances of a sighting. On our popular Evening Wildlife Safari, keep your eyes peeled for animals such as elk, bears, bighorn sheep, deer and coyotes. Or to guarantee seeing a bear, join our Discover Grizzly Bears Tour and meet Boo – an orphaned bear who lives and plays in the world’s largest enclosed and protected grizzly bear habitat.
Learn about wolfdogs and meet these amazing animals up close at the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary. This not-for-profit organisation offers a variety of tours to educate the public on wolfdogs and raise awareness regarding wolf conservation.
- We see wildlife on over 95% of our tours
- Learn about animal behavior, eating habits and the conservation efforts being made to protect their natural environment
- Buses are smaller so you have more interaction with the guide and everyone has a great view
- Buses feature hands-on interpretive props to help you get a better understanding of the wildlife
- Most tours are free for children aged five and under (please note that some tours have a strict minimum age)