Join the daily Wildlife Discovery Tour with knowledgeable guides who are trained to seek out Jasper’s most iconic creatures – big and small!
Big or small, there are lots of animals to see in Jasper! Elk, deer, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, foxes, coyotes, wolves, and moose are just a sample of Jasper’s many wild mountain animals.
Plus, you’ll learn all about the ways these animals contribute to the rich diversity of the National Park. The guides are well versed in the history, geology, and ecology of the area and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
As the bus travels through the Athabasca Valley you will be shown some of the park’s most beautiful scenery, so have your camera ready to capture some amazing photos of the highlights of your visit. This tour is the perfect way to spend an afternoon and your best opportunity to see the wildlife of Jasper National Park.
The best parts of the tour for most people include the following:
- The Wildlife Discovery Tour is a driving tour with minimal walking.
- Photos of wildlife are usually taken from the inside the vehicle or on the ground at a safe distance from the animals.
- While the natural habitat around Jasper is conducive to animal sightings, animal viewing is not guaranteed and depends largely on the season, the time of day, and the weather.
- Kindly note that the selected route is at the discretion of your driver/guide.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 4 participants.