Combo Package; raft along the family-friendly Kananaskis River, then ride an open-air chairlift to 7,000 feet overlooking Banff.
Included: Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting (1:30pm – 5:30pm)
Get splashed on the class 2 – 3 rapids along with pristine landscapes of Kananaskis Provincial Park for an afternoon whitewater rafting adventure. It’s the ideal rafting experience for families, friends or as a group outing and you’ll have a chance to play in the rapids surfing waves and swim in the river alongside the raft.
Included: Banff Sightseeing Chairlift (various times available)
Take an 8 minute chairlift ride over a natural bear habitat up to 7,000 feet at Mt Norquay with breathtaking views of Banff and the Bow Valley. At the top relax over a snack or meal, craft brews or a glass of wine at the Cliffhouse Bistro, or keep your eyes out for bighorn sheep as you take a walk along the interpretive walkway.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting Tour for most people include the following:
1.5 - 2 Hours on the Kananaskis River
Optional river swim
Everything is provided!
The best parts of the Banff Sightseeing Chairlift for most people include the following:
Ride to 7,000 feet at Mount Norquay
Mountain top dining and facilities
The free shuttle bus runs throughout the day from Banff with several pick-up locations.
Free Shuttle Bus Schedule (Valid from June 11 to October 9 2022)
|Train Station Info Centre||07:55||08:50||09:50||10:50||11:50||12:50||13:50||14:50||15:50||16:50||17:50||18:35|
|Mt Royal Parking Lot||07:57||08:52||09:52||10:52||11:52||12:52||13:52||14:52||15:52||16:52||17:52|
|Banff Park Lodge (Opposite)||08:00||08:55||09:55||10:55||11:55||12:55||13:55||14:55||15:55||16:55||17:55|
|ARRIVES AT NORQUAY||08:10||09:10||10:10||11:10||12:10||13:10||14:10||15:10||16:10||17:10||18:10|
|RETURN TO BANFF||09:35||10:35||11:35||12:35||13:35||14:35||15:35||16:35||17:20||18:20||19:10|
Stoney Squaw Mountain
Distance: 4.2 km return
Elevation Gain: 190m
Time Required: 2 hours
Hike through a beautiful lodgepole pine and spruce tree forest for a unique view of Cascade Mountain, and peaks of the Fairholme Range. During the ascent, hikers will enjoy unique views of Banff, Vermilion Lakes and surrounding mountain ranges. This trail is also popular for mountain biking.
Distance: 15.4 km return
Elevation Gain: 640m
Time Required: 4-6 hours
The hike begins at the Mt. Norquay ski area, crosses a bridge over Forty Mile Creek, and then zigzags its way through the dense forest to Cascade Amphitheatre. As you emerge into the amphitheatre, impressively enclosed by limestone cliffs, keep your eyes out for wildflowers.
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- The minimum age is 5 years and the minimum weight per person is 20kgs (40lbs). If the guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old.
- The maximum weight per person is 350 lbs, and the maximum combined weight is 226kg (500lbs) per chair on the Banff Sightseeing Chairlift.
- A waiver must be completed prior to rafting and is a condition of participation, this will be sent through upon booking. In addition, a Parental Consent form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 years prior to arrival at the riverbase. This is especially important if you are bringing someone else’s child (under 18 years old) rafting.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- Please note that the Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting Tour requires a minimum of 8 participants, and we ask guests to please call the day prior to confirm the tour.