Combo Package; spend a day ice skating, snowshoeing and exploring Lake Louise’s winter wonderland, with a private dogsledding experience.
Included: Discover Lake Louise Tour
In winter, Lake Louise transforms into a real life snow globe that has to be seen to be believed. On this full day tour you’ll have plenty of time to explore this iconic lake on your own: borrow our snowshoes and explore the many trails, wander the shoreline and take in the incredible views, and warm up with a hot drink or a leisurely lunch at the elegant Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel. For an authentic Canadian experience, rent a pair of ice skates and skate on the frozen lake or take a horse drawn sleigh ride along the lakeside trail in traditionally styled sleighs with cozy blankets to keep you warm.
Included: Great Alone Dogsledding Tour
Located just a short drive from Lake Louise, you’ll be taken on a private dogsledding tour covering 16km (10 miles) over 1.5 hours as you experience the exhilaration of driving your own team of dogs to the Great Divide. This unique tour offers you the chance to be the only team on the trail as the dogs carry you along the base of giant peaks through some of Banff National Park’s most stunning scenery to the Kicking Horse Pass at the Continental Divide, the high point separating the east from the west.
Tours in this package must be taken on the same day. Please note that prices are based on two people per sled, high season rates may apply.
The best parts of the Discover Lake Louise Tour for most people include the following:
Bow Valley Parkway
Mt. Victoria and Victoria Glacier
The best parts of the Great Alone Dogsledding Tour for most people include the following:
Private 1.5 hour dogsled in Banff National Park
Drive the sled
There are a lot of snowshoeing trails around Lake Louise and our guide will bring snowshoes for you to use and instruct you on how to put them on and use them correctly. Then you are free to roam around and explore the area.
You can go on a horse drawn sleigh ride that follows the lakeside trail beneath the Victoria Glacier (approximately mid December to early April).
There’s no age limit or height restriction; but taller people may have to bend their knees slightly to feel more comfortable in the sled.
- Tours in this package must be taken on the same day.
- The Great Alone Dogsledding Tour can accommodate a private group of up to four people on two sleds.
- Prices are based on two people per sled and there is a maximum of two people per sled. Solo riders pay a single sled premium equal to the cost of two people.
- Children are charged at the adult rate.
- The maximum sled weight is 360lbs for the total sled. If your combined weight is over the limit, please book an extra sled.
- Dog care is a priority and guests may be weighed on-site. If the maximum weight is exceeded you will not be permitted to dogsled and no refund will be given.
- Availability may be limited on short term and peak season bookings.
- Please note that the Discover Lake Louise tour requires a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.