Combo Package; spend a day ice skating, snowshoeing and exploring Lake Louise’s winter wonderland, with an iconic dogsledding experience.
Included: Discover Lake Louise Tour (10:15pm – 5:00pm)
In winter, Lake Louise transforms into a real life snow globe that has to be seen to be believed. This full-day tour is the perfect way to experience all that Lake Louise has to offer in the winter. You’ll have two hours after your dogsledding tour to explore on your own: borrow our snowshoes and explore the many trails, wander the shoreline, rent ice skates, take a sleigh ride, soak in the iconic views, and warm up with a hot drink or lunch at the elegant Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel.
Included: Great Divide Dogsledding Tour (12:00pm – 1:30pm)
Dogsledding is the most popular winter activity, and this full-day package deal to Lake Louise is the perfect way to experience this iconic Canadian adventure. The Great Divide Tour is the longest dogsledding tour in Lake Louise, covering 16 km (10 miles) over 1.5 hours. A team of dogs will carry you along the base of giant peaks through some of Banff National Park’s most stunning scenery to the Kicking Horse Pass at the Continental Divide, the high point separating the east from the west.
Tours in this package must be completed on the same day. Please note that prices are based on two adults per sled.
The best parts of the Discover Lake Louise tour for most people include the following:
Bow Valley Parkway
Mt. Victoria and Victoria Glacier
The best parts of the Great Divide Dogsledding Tour for most people include the following:
1.5 hour dogsled in Banff National Park
Option to drive the sled
Most guests choose to self-drive into Banff, although please note that you will need to find parking in Banff that exceeds the duration of the package. Please refer to the Town of Banff website for general parking information, or the banffparking.ca website for live parking availability. For guests staying in Canmore, you can also use the Roam bus service and disembark at the Banff High School. The closest pick up point to the Banff High School is across the road at the Elk and Avenue Hotel.
There are a lot of snowshoeing trails around Lake Louise and our guide will bring snowshoes for you to use and instruct you on how to put them on and use them correctly. Then you are free to roam around and explore the area.
You can go on a horse drawn sleigh ride that follows the lakeside trail beneath the Victoria Glacier (approximately mid December to early April).
There’s no age limit or height restriction; but taller people may have to bend their knees slightly to feel more comfortable in the sled.
- Tours in this package must be completed on the same day.
- Prices are based on two people per sled. Solo riders pay a single sled premium equal to the cost of two people.
- Maximum two adults and one small child (5 years and under) per sled.
- Children 6 and over are charged at the adult rate.
- The Infant Add-on option is only applicable when adding to a toddler to a sled with 2 people, and the full cost of the sled must be covered before the infant add-on fee applies. Maximum of 1 infant add-on per sled.
- The maximum weight per sled is 380lbs. If your combined weight is over the limit, please book an extra sled.
- Dog care is a priority and guests may be weighed on-site. If the maximum weight is exceeded you will not be permitted to dogsled and no refund will be given.
- Availability may be limited on short term and peak season bookings.
- Please note that the Discover Lake Louise Tour requires a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.