Interpretive Tour Guiding Positions
Positions based out of Banff, Alberta.
Essential requirements for all members of our operations team
- A passion for sharing and connecting with people and creating great travel experiences
- Class 4 Alberta Drivers License (or willingness to obtain before the start of term)
- Clean driver’s abstract
- 16 hour first aid certificate
- Must obtain and submit a RCMP reference check upon hire
Other attributes we are looking for
- Enthusiastic personality
- High level of attention to customer service
- Confident and engaging public speaker
- Knowledge of the local area
- Passion for mountain life and culture
- Ability to work completely independently
- Basic computer skills
- Multiple languages
Additional requirements for guides delivering interpretive hikes, icewalks and snowshoe tours
- Apprentice Hiking Guide Certificate (Interpretive Guide Association)
- Confident group leaders/ instructing experience
Working environment and interactions
- Operate 24 passenger mini-buses in a safe, legal and comfortable manner
- Guide safe on trail excursions and follow leave no trace principles
- Day trip rotation of all daily tours and activities
- Operate tour programs in all weather conditions
- Reports to the Sr. Manager of Guiding Operations, Dispatch Supervisor, Tour Guide Supervisor
- Key internal contacts: Fleet Manager, Other Drivers, Tour Guides, Reservation Agents, Detailers
Summer contracts begin mid April and are completed at the end of October each year. Winter contracts begin late November and are completed in mid April each year.
Many members of our guiding team do work with us year round. They work both the summer and winter seasons and are considered full time employees. They take a deserved break in the month of November each year.
Shifts in high season (June through to the end of September as well the Christmas period) often involve long hours. However we aim to ensure a quality work life balance with set days off each week and or multiple days off after multi-day tour programs.
Our in-house training allow you to be comfortable driving our vehicles, and provide you with the tools to deliver our tours and build upon them with your own passion, interests and experience and help fulfill our purpose “to create fantastic memorable experiences for visitors to the Rockies”.
Based on experience.
To Apply: Please contact Rose, Senior Manager Guide Operations, [email protected].