Automotive Service Technician
Position based in Banff, Alberta.
This role is for a Licensed Automotive Service Technician within Discover Banff Tour’s mechanical shop: DJ’s Garage. This position will work alongside other licensed technicians to service the Discover Banff Tours fleet, as well as customer vehicles of all make and model.
Discover Banff Tours operates a fleet of 27 vehicles ranging from Chryslers to Freightliners. Our focus is on regular and preventative maintenance to keep the fleet rolling safely on the personalized, small group, tours we offer. When not working with our fleet we work on vehicles for other local businesses, Bow Valley residents, and for visitors to our community.
Benefits of this Role:
- Wide variety in the type of work performed (and of make/model)
- Technicians are paid straight hourly wages – emphasis being quality of work
- Regular hours: Monday – Friday
- Health benefits
- Being part of a dynamic shop, still with room to grow
- Journeyman Automotive Service Technician
- Class 2 or 4 Alberta Driver’s License (preferred)
- Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License (required)
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Clear criminal record check
Assets for this Position:
- Background as a licensed technician
- Ability to use a variety of diagnostic equipment
- Broad knowledge of new vehicle technologies
- Familiarity with diesel engines
- Familiarity with carbureted vehicles (would be considered an asset)
- Ability to diagnose complex problems–e.g. electrical or engine related
- Experience with engine re-builds and/or swaps
- A good work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Job Type: Full-Time, permanent
Salary: To be negotiated, based on experience
Required Language: English
To Apply: Please contact Ryan Wagner, Fleet Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.