The “Summiteer” is the pinnacle Via Ferrata adventure and traverses an alpine ridge crossing a 3-wire suspension bridge over a gaping couloir.
Road Construction Notice: The access road to Mt Norquay is currently under construction and will cause 10-15 minute delays, please allow extra time when planning your transport. Construction is estimated to be completed by mid July.
A continuation of the Skyline Route, this 6-hour route traverses the alpine ridge, crossing an impressive couloir on a 3-wire suspension bridge to reach the summit pitch.
With Banff as a backdrop over 1000 metres below, walk the uber-scenic ridgecrest trail as it leads you back to the Cliffhouse Bistro to celebrate your mountaineering accomplishments. Experience 360-degree views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains as you enjoy lunch on the East Summit of Mt Norquay – an apres-climbing platter and beverage at Cliffhouse Bistro is also included.
This 6 hour loop takes you up to 2,450 metres above sea level and is great for those seeking a challenge. The Norquay Via Ferrata is conveniently located a five minute drive from the Banff townsite on the cliffs above the Mt Norquay Ski Resort.
- Free rental equipment including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants
- Professional certified guide
- Orientation session
- Banff Mt Norquay Sightseeing Chairlift
- All climbing equipment
- Lunch on the mountain, apres climbing platter and beverage at Cliffhouse Bistro
- Meet at Banff Mt Norquay (North America Lodge)
- Free Banff Mt Norquay Shuttle Bus