Combo Package; cuddle up on a sleigh ride and then soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain.
Included: Sleigh Ride (various times available)
Ride through Banff’s mountain meadows, western style! Afterwards warmup by the fireside where you can enjoy a warm drink back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting). The sleigh rides take approximately 40 minutes including time by the campfire.
Included: Banff Gondola (various times available)
Soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain on the popular Banff Gondola for the best views over Banff. At the top, marvel at the unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges from 2,281 metres (7,486 feet) above sea level on the spacious main level observation deck. Other amenities include a 1-km boardwalk, gift shops, a restaurant, cafe, a coffee shop, interpretive hiking trails, a 48-seat multi-sensory theatre and an interpretive centre.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Sleigh Ride for most people include the following:
Sleigh ride through the mountain meadows
Hot drinks by the fire
The best parts of the Banff Gondola for most people include the following:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Mountain top dining and facilities
Please see the below map for the location of Warner Stables:
Alternatively, guests can catch the Roam Transit bus.
Several scenic hiking trails lead away from the summit complex. One of the most popular is the self-guided interpretive Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to Sanson’s Peak on which you can follow in the footsteps of Norman Sanson, who walked to the top of the mountain about every week for 30 years to check the weather.
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- There are no age restrictions for the sleigh ride and children under 3 are free. However children under 3 are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- All minors under 18 years old participating in a horse activity must have a parent or legal guardian on the ride with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the sleigh ride. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Sleigh rides are weather dependent, and may not operate in certain conditions.
- Reservations are required to guarantee your time slot for the Banff Gondola. Please show the bar-code voucher for entry, for the specified time reserved.