Soar to the top of a mountain, cuddle under blankets on a sleigh ride and soak in mineral hot springs.
Ride alongside Bow River in Banff, western style! Afterwards warmup by the fireside where you can toast a marshmallow and enjoy a warm drink back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting).
Banff Upper Hot Springs
Soak in the soothing, thermal hot springs where travelers have come to “take the waters” for more than a century.
Sit back and relax in a four passenger, modern glass enclosed gondola. Marvel at the unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges from 2,281 metres (7,486 feet) above sea level. You will feel like you’re on top of the world when you are standing on the spacious main level observation deck, where the optional Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk (an 1km self-guided interpretive walkway) leads you to the Cosmic Ray Station National Historic Site and Sanson’s Peak Meteorological Station.
Other services at the Banff Gondola include gift shops, a restaurant, cafe, a coffee shop, interpretive hiking trails, a 48-seat multi-sensory theatre and an interpretive centre.
The best parts of the Banff Gondola for most people include the following:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Mountain top dining and facilities
The best parts of the Sleigh Ride for most people include the following:
Sleigh ride through the mountain meadows
Hot apple cider and roast marshmallows
- There are no age restrictions for this tour and children under 3 are free. However children under 3 are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18.
- Any minors under 18 years who are not accompanied by an adult must present a pre-signed waiver to go on the tour.
- Sleigh rides are weather dependent, and may not operate in certain conditions.