Combo Package; raft along the family-friendly Kananaskis River, then take a guided climb up Mt Norquay’s cliffs.
Included: Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting
Take an afternoon whitewater rafting adventure and get splashed on the class 2 – 3 rapids along with pristine landscapes of Kananaskis Provincial Park. It’s the ideal rafting experience for families, friends or as a group outing and you’ll have a chance to play surfing waves and swimming in the river alongside the raft.
Included: 2.5 Hour Via Ferrata Explorer Route
On this guided introductory high-alpine climbing experience you’ll be introduced to the equipment, ascend a few pitches, and cross the suspension bridge at Mt Norquay. This 2.5 hour loop takes you up 235 metres to 2,235 metres above sea level and is great for anyone who is limited on time, or who looking for an introduction to Via Ferrata.
Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting Tour for most people include the following:
1.5 - 2 Hours on the Kananaskis River
Optional river swim
Everything is provided!
The best parts of the Via Ferrata Explorer Route for most people include the following:
2.5 hour round trip
Everything is provided
The Nakoda Lakeside Lodge has clean port-a-potties, male and female change tents and ample free parking.
You can wear sunglasses/glasses as long as these are secured with a strap or piece of string, and contact lenses are usually okay if you are comfortable swimming with them and tell your guide. Sunscreen is great on a hot day for any areas not covered by the wetsuit, but avoid putting it above or near your eyes. You can bring your own waterproof camera or GoPro which can be secured with your own chest harness or on a helmet with a GoPro mount, but we are not responsible for loss or damage of your equipment.
The tour is run by Chinook Rafting who have been operating whitewater rafting tours as a licensed company in the province of Alberta since 1983 and all of the rafting guides are trained in Swiftwater Rescue and First Aid & CPR. What this means for you is that they are confident that they can manage, not eliminate, the risks today to offer you an exciting and fun day on the river, creating as safe a framework as they can, given what we are doing. However, it is important to remember that we are not on a track, this isn’t Disneyland! The fact that we’re not on a track adds excitement to what we’re doing, but it also adds inherent risks.
Guests can also catch the free shuttle bus that runs from Banff with several pick-up locations.
Free Shuttle Bus Schedule (Valid from June 14th, 2019)
|Juniper Hotel (to Banff)||08:42||09:42||10:42||11:42||12:42||13:42||14:42||15:42||16:42||17:42||18:27||19:27|
|Train Station Info Centre||07:55||08:50||09:50||10:50||11:50||12:50||13:50||14:50||15:50||16:50||17:50||18:35||19:35|
|Banff Avenue – South Bound – At Elk St||07:57||08:52||09:52||10:52||11:52||12:52||13:52||14:52||15:52||16:52||17:52*|
|Banff Park Lodge (Opposite)||08:00||08:55||09:55||10:55||11:55||12:55||13:55||14:55||15:55||16:55||17:55*|
|ARRIVES AT NORQUAY||08:10||09:10||10:10||11:10||12:10||13:10||14:10||15:10||16:10||17:10||18:10*|
|RETURN TO BANFF||09:35||10:35||11:35||12:35||13:35||14:35||15:35||16:35||17:20||18:20||19:20||20:20|
- The minimum age is 12 years and the minimum weight per person is 40kgs (88lbs). If the guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old.
- The maximum weight per person is 140kg (308lbs).
- Every guest needs to sign a waiver form on the whitewater rafting tour. Any guest under 18 years will also need a parent or guardian signature on the waiver form and an emergency contact number if the Parent/ Guardian is not joining them.
- The guide to guest ratio is 1:8 for each group on the Via Ferrata. Groups larger than 8 will be split between two guides.
- All adult participants are required to sign a waiver prior to the Via Ferrata. A waiver must also be completed and signed by a legal guardian for any participant under the age of 18 years.
- Please note that the Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting Tour requires a minimum of 8 participants and the Via Ferrata Explorer Route Tour requires a minimum of 2 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tours.