Looking for a new way to snowshoe with just your friends or family? Book a private snowshoeing tour of Marble Canyon or the Paint Pots, near Banff.
Use one of our existing snowshoe tours to Marble Canyon, a 40-metre deep limestone gorge, or the Paint Pots and learn all about Banff’s indigenous people and explorers, or connect with us for a custom quote.
Rates shown are based on four people on a half day private snowshoeing tour from Banff exclusive of gratuities, final rates are dependent on the number of guests, vehicle required and length of time. Current rates for private transfers, half day and full day services are available on our private tours page.
Contact Us for Custom Quote:
Call: 1 -877-565-9372 to chat, or complete the form below.
The best parts of the tour for most people include the following:
Choice of itinerary
Snowshoe in deep powder
Everything is provided
The tour includes the use of snowshoes and we have hiking poles for extra stability if you would like to use them.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Thermals/base layers/long johns.
- Snow pants are essential as we will be walking in deep snow. Snow pants can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A warm shirt or sweater.
- A winter jacket, ideally waterproof. Ski jackets can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A hat and mitts.
- A neck warmer or scarf.
- Sturdy waterproof boots, ideally ones that go over the ankle as we will be walking in deep snow. Winter boots like Sorel, Baffin etc are great. No trainers, sneakers, vans, ugg boots, or “dressy” boots. If you do not have waterproof boots, please contact our Reservations Team and we will check our stock levels or recommend a rental store such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by someone 18 years and older.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 years.