Combo Package; raft through exciting whitewater rapids through Horseshoe Canyon, then take a scenic horseback ride along the glacier-fed Bow River.
Included: Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Rafting (8:15am – 12:00pm)
Start your day with exciting whitewater thrills on class 3-4 whitewater rapids at Horseshoe Canyon on the Bow River, and try a scenic cliff jump if you dare! During the quiet stretches, lift your eyes skyward and see large birds of prey soaring above.
Included: 1 Hour Bow River Horseback Ride (various times available)
This popular Banff horseback ride takes you along the Bow River in Banff while watching for wildlife and enjoying the spectacular scenery. You’ll also ride past the natural sulphur hot springs flowing from the Cave & Basin – the original historic hot springs.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour for most people include the following:
1.5 - 2 Hours on the Bow River
Optional cliff jump and swim
Everything is provided!
The best parts of the Bow River Horseback Ride for most people include the following:
Cave & Basin Hot Springs
The Nakoda Lakeside Lodge has clean port-a-potties, male and female change tents and ample free parking.
You can wear sunglasses/glasses as long as these are secured with a strap or piece of string, and contact lenses are usually okay if you are comfortable swimming with them and tell your guide. Sunscreen is great on a hot day for any areas not covered by the wetsuit, but avoid putting it above or near your eyes. You can bring your own waterproof camera or GoPro which can be secured with your own chest harness or on a helmet with a GoPro mount, but we are not responsible for loss or damage of your equipment.
Guests should be physically fit and have a reasonable swimming ability. If you have never rafted before or do not know how to swim, we recommend the Kananaskis Whitewater Rafting Tour, as the rapids and river are not as strong as the other tours.
The tour is run by Chinook Rafting who have been operating whitewater rafting tours as a licensed company in the province of Alberta since 1983 and all of the rafting guides are trained in Swiftwater Rescue and First Aid & CPR. What this means for you is that they are confident that they can manage, not eliminate, the risks today to offer you an exciting and fun day on the river, creating as safe a framework as they can, given what we are doing. However, it is important to remember that we are not on a track, this isn’t Disneyland! The fact that we’re not on a track adds excitement to what we’re doing, but it also adds inherent risks.
Please see the below map for the location of Warner Stables:
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- The minimum age is 12 years and the minimum weight per person is 90 lbs. If the guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old for whitewater rafting, and all minors under 18 years old participating in a horse activity must have a legal guardian on the ride with them.
- The maximum weight per person is 230lbs / 104kg, fully dressed (your weight may need to be verified on our scales).
- A waiver must be completed for both tours and is a condition of participation, this will be sent through upon booking. In addition, a Parental Consent form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 years prior to arrival. This is especially important if you are bringing someone else’s child (under 18 years old) rafting.
- Riders must check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Riders must wear fully enclosed shoes (no heels).
- Each rider must be able to speak and understand fluent English.
- Riders must be in good physical condition.
- Helmets are mandatory and to be worn by all riders.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- COVID-19: Guests should not attend our tour if showing any signs or symptoms of illness.
- COVID-19: Guests must wear a non-surgical face covering when checking in for their activity.
Refunds are not issued if guests are disqualified from participating due to not meeting these requirements.
Please note that the Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour requires a minimum of 8 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.