Combo Package; raft through exciting whitewater rapids through Horseshoe Canyon, then soar above Banff’s mountain peaks.
Included: Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Rafting (8:15am – 12:00pm)
Kick off your day with exciting whitewater thrills on class 3-4 whitewater rapids through the spectacular Horseshoe Canyon on the Bow River, and try a scenic cliff jump if you dare! During the quiet stretches, lift your eyes skyward and see large birds of prey soaring above.
Included: 20 Minute Spirit Water Heli Flight (various times available)
The Spirit Water helicopter tour will take you further into the Rocky Mountains, soaring over Lake Minnewanka, the largest lake in Banff National Park. Spirit Water was the name given to Lake Minnewanka by the Stoney Nakoda people because it was a sacred and spiritual area. Indigenous people long inhabited areas around Lake Minnewanka, dating back over 10,000 years.
Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Horseshoe Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour for most people include the following:
1.5 - 2 Hours on the Bow River
Optional cliff jump and swim
Everything is provided!
The best parts of the Spirit Water Heli Flight for most people include the following:
20 Minute Flight
The Nakoda Lakeside Lodge has clean port-a-potties, male and female change tents and ample free parking.
You can wear sunglasses/glasses as long as these are secured with a strap or piece of string, and contact lenses are usually okay if you are comfortable swimming with them and tell your guide. Sunscreen is great on a hot day for any areas not covered by the wetsuit, but avoid putting it above or near your eyes. You can bring your own waterproof camera or GoPro which can be secured with your own chest harness or on a helmet with a GoPro mount, but we are not responsible for loss or damage of your equipment.
Guests should be physically fit and have a reasonable swimming ability. If you have never rafted before or do not know how to swim, we recommend the Kananaskis Whitewater Rafting Tour, as the rapids and river are not as strong as the other tours.
The tour is run by Chinook Rafting who have been operating whitewater rafting tours as a licensed company in the province of Alberta since 1983 and all of the rafting guides are trained in Swiftwater Rescue and First Aid & CPR. What this means for you is that they are confident that they can manage, not eliminate, the risks today to offer you an exciting and fun day on the river, creating as safe a framework as they can, given what we are doing. However, it is important to remember that we are not on a track, this isn’t Disneyland! The fact that we’re not on a track adds excitement to what we’re doing, but it also adds inherent risks.
- Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- The minimum age is 12 years and the minimum weight per person is 90lbs. If the guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old.
- The maximum weight per person is 140kg (308lbs).
- A waiver must be completed for both tours and is a condition of participation, this will be sent through upon booking. In addition, a Parental Consent form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 years prior to arrival. This is especially important if you are bringing someone else’s child (under 18 years old).
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- No loose articles are permitted on the helicopter flight. Zips, ties and belts on clothing must be secured.
- Helicopter flights depend on weather conditions and must be confirmed the morning of the flight.
- Please note that the Horsehoe Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour requires a minimum of 8 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.