Combo Package; saddle up for a riverside ride, soar up to a mountain summit and cruise on Banff’s largest lake.
Included: 1 Hour Bow River Horseback Ride
Take a guided horseback ride along the tranquil Bow River and past the historic Cave and Basin, the birthplace of Banff National Park where craggy rock walls surround pools of bubbling thermal water. It’s Banff’s most popular horseback ride!
Included: Banff Sightseeing Gondola (Evening)
Sit back and relax in a four passenger, modern glass enclosed gondola as you soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff. You’ll marvel at the unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges from 2,281 metres (7,486 feet) above sea level from the observation deck, and can even enjoy a glass of wine or a meal. Please note that this component can only be utilised after 5pm.
Included: Banff Lake Cruise
Take to the water on Banff National Park’s largest lake, Lake Minnewanka, on a 1 hour interpretive boat cruise under the towering peaks of breathtaking mountains.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Bow River Horseback Ride for most people include the following:
Cave & Basin Hot Springs
The best parts of the Banff Gondola for most people include the following:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Mountain top dining and facilities
The best parts of the Banff Lake Cruise for most people include the following:
1 hour interpretive boat tour
Please see the below map for the location of Warner Stables:
Alternatively a free shuttle bus runs in the summer from downtown Banff, or guests can catch the Roam Transit bus or a taxi.
Several scenic hiking trails lead away from the summit complex. One of the most popular is the self-guided interpretive Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to Sanson’s Peak on which you can follow in the footsteps of Norman Sanson, who walked to the top of the mountain about every week for 30 years to check the weather.
Alternatively, the Roam Transit bus runs seasonally from downtown Banff to Lake Minnewanka.
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 250lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear sturdy closed toed shoes – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- All adult riders must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any rider under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Reservations are required to guarantee your timeslot for the Banff Gondola, and only timeslots after 5pm are available with this package. Please show the bar-code voucher for entry, for the specified time reserved.
- Tours for the Banff Lake Cruise are weather permitting, particularly early and late season departures.