Discover the Enchanting Beauty of Lake Louise in Winter
Immerse yourself in the breathtaking scenery that transforms the area into a winter wonderland. Join us on a small group tour and witness the frozen icy-blue Lake Louise surrounded by sparkling snow in an amphitheatre of jagged mountain peaks.
Your Lake Louise winter tour adventure begins with a scenic drive on the Bow Valley Parkway, where we may even catch a glimpse of wildlife. When we arrive, the tour takes you to see the Victoria Glacier and the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, offering an unparalleled view of this iconic hotel.
Take an optional guided walk around the lake’s shoreline and learn more about this magical place. Afterward, enjoy free time to explore the winter landscapes of Lake Louise at your own pace.
The best parts of the Discover our Lake Louise Winter tours for most people include the following:
Iconic Bow Valley Parkway Drive
Lake Louise Views & Shoreline Walk
Explore Lake Louise On Your Own
Most guests choose to self-drive into Banff, although please note that you will need to find parking in Banff that exceeds the duration of the tour. Please refer to the Town of Banff website for general parking information, or the banffparking.ca website for live parking availability. For guests staying in Canmore, you can also use the Roam bus service and disembark at the Banff High School. The closest pick up point to the Banff High School is across the road at the Elk and Avenue Hotel.
Please be prepared for the mountain weather, it changes quickly, and our winter sightseeing tours run in all weather. Participants can choose to participate in a lakeside walk during your tour. Wind chill can change the temperature dramatically and we recommend dressing appropriately. There is opportunity to shelter inside the Chateau Lake Louise.
To ensure that you enjoy your time outside during the tour, please wear/bring:
- Thermals/base layers/long johns.
- A warm shirt or sweater.
- A winter jacket. Ski jackets can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A hat and mitts.
- A neck warmer or scarf.
- Sturdy winter boots. Winter boots like Sorel, Baffin etc are great. No trainers, sneakers, vans, ugg boots, or “dressy” boots. If you do not have winter boots, we recommend a rental store such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A water bottle.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- By participating in a tour with Discover Banff Tours, guests are acknowledging that they understand that we may take video and photographs of them during their tour. These videos and photographs may be used in promotional materials including, but not limited to, social media.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.