Combo Package; tour the must see highlights of Banff, then experience the new ‘Nightrise’ event after dark at the Banff Gondola.
Included: Discover Banff & Its Wildlife Tour (8:30am – 11:30am)
Build a connection to our World Heritage Site as you visit Banff’s landmarks, learn its history and view wildlife in their natural winter habitat. This morning tour will include some of the most scenic and historically significant highlights of Banff such as the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls, Surprise Corner Lookout, Hoodoos Viewpoint and Lake Minnewanka. Plus, enjoy hot chocolate and maple cookies at one of the scenic stops. It’s a great tour for seeing wildlife in the morning.
Included: Nightrise at the Banff Gondola (various evening times available)
Sit back and relax in a four passenger, modern glass enclosed gondola as your soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff. Marvel at the unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges from 2,281 metres (7,486 feet) above sea level from the observation deck. This state-of-the-art summit facility has restaurants, interactive interpretive exhibits, a multi-sensory theatre and a breathtaking 360-degree observation deck.
See the Banff Gondola’s new experience Nightrise, as the summit transforms into an immersive evening for the senses. Vibrant lighting, multimedia effects, video projections and music bring the summit to life in a new and unexpected way. When the sun goes down, step inside the gondola, leaving behind the light of day for the radiance of night. At the top, you’ll get the chance to explore the many levels of the summit building, as well as the outdoor terraces, discovering mysterious fleeting wonders that only emerge after dark.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Discover Banff & Its Wildlife tour for most people include the following:
The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Surprise Corner Lookout
The best parts of the Nightrise at the Banff Gondola for most people include the following:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Most guests choose to self-drive into Banff, although please note that you will need to find parking in Banff that exceeds the duration of the tour. Please refer to the Town of Banff website for general parking information, or the banffparking.ca website for live parking availability. For guests staying in Canmore, you can also use the Roam bus service and disembark at the Banff High School. The closest pick up point to the Banff High School is across the road at the Elk and Avenue Hotel.
Alternatively, guests can catch the Roam Transit bus or the free winter shuttle bus to the gondola on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Several scenic hiking trails lead away from the summit complex. One of the most popular is the self-guided interpretive Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to Sanson’s Peak on which you can follow in the footsteps of Norman Sanson, who walked to the top of the mountain about every week for 30 years to check the weather.
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Pets are not permitted on the gondola or in the facilities.
- Please be aware that Nightrise features moving and coloured lights that could trigger seizures in individuals with photosensitive epilepsy. It also includes fog/smoke machines.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- By participating in a tour with Discover Banff Tours, guests are acknowledging that they understand that we may take video and photographs of them during their tour. These videos and photographs may be used in promotional materials including, but not limited to, social media.
- Please note that the Discover Banff & Its Wildlife Tour requires a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.