Combo Package; experience the picture perfect viewpoints of Banff and Lake Louise as they transform into a winter wonderland.
Included: Discover Banff & It’s Wildlife Tour (8:30am – 11:30am)
The tour is the perfect introduction to Banff and includes some of the most scenic and historically significant highlights such as the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls, Surprise Corner Lookout, and Lake Minnewanka. Plus, enjoy hot chocolate and maple cookies at one of the scenic stops. It’s a complete orientation to Banff and a great tour for seeing wildlife in the morning!
Included: Discover Lake Louise & Snowshoeing Tour (1:30pm – 5:30pm)
Lake Louise transforms into a real life snow globe in the winter that has to be seen to be believed. On this afternoon Lake Louise tour you’ll enjoy an easy, quaint snowshoe through the woods for some forest serenity. The guided snowshoe finishes on the famous lake itself with stunning views of the mountains surrounding the Chateau Lake Louise complete with a Canadian maple treat.
Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Discover Banff & It’s Wildlife tour for most people include the following:
The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Surprise Corner Lookout
The best parts of the Discover Lake Louise & Snowshoeing Tour for most people include the following:
Bow Valley Parkway
Most guests choose to self-drive into Banff, although please note that you will need to find parking in Banff that exceeds the duration of the tour. Please refer to the Town of Banff website for general parking information, or the banffparking.ca website for live parking availability. For guests staying in Canmore, you can also use the Roam bus service and disembark at the Banff High School. The closest pick up point to the Banff High School is across the road at the Elk and Avenue Hotel.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Thermals/base layers/long johns.
- Snow pants are essential as we will be walking in deep snow. Snow pants can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A warm shirt or sweater.
- A winter jacket, ideally waterproof. Ski jackets can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A hat and mitts.
- A neck warmer or scarf.
- Sturdy waterproof boots, ideally ones that go over the ankle as we will be walking in deep snow. Winter boots like Sorel, Baffin etc are great. No trainers, sneakers, vans, ugg boots, or “dressy” boots. If you do not have waterproof boots, we recommend a rental store such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A water bottle.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- Tours in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- The minimum age is 8 years.
- Children aged 15 and under must have a parent or legal guardian with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour, which will be sent through upon booking. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- By participating in a tour with Discover Banff Tours, guests are acknowledging that they understand that we may take video and photographs of them during their tour. These videos and photographs may be used in promotional materials including, but not limited to, social media.
- Please note that these tours require a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tours.