Snowshoeing Tour to Paint Pots
Adult Price: $68.00 (Adult: 13 and up)
Child Price: $42.00 (Child: 8-12)
Infant Price: NA
Departure Information: 08.30am Saturday and Sunday from December 9th 2016 to April 16th 2017
Duration: 4 hours
Where to meet: Hotel pick up and drop off provided from Banff
Your Tour Includes: Friendly, certified guide, small group size, hot chocolate & maple taffy treat, snowshoes, hiking poles, and authentic historical props.
The Paint Pots is a great introduction to snowshoeing that provides insight into the fur trade and its impact on Western Canada. This trip is on mostly flat terrain and you will have a chance to search for snowshoe hare, moose, and wolf tracks while exploring. Finally, near the Paint Pots you’ll be rewarded with a unique Canadian treat - hot maple taffy!
We own and operate many of the activity tour companies in Banff, so we can guarantee you'll find the best price by booking direct. Look for this badge.
Along the way hear stories of Banff’s indigenous people, explorers and fur traders who lived in and traveled through the Rockies. Snowshoe on an easy trail through the Vermilion River Valley to the Paint Pots, a cultural treasure within our National Parks. Return Distance: 3.0 km
Elevation Gain: minimal
You will see:
- Tokumn Creek Fire: See the destruction caused by the wildfire that threatened Banff in 2003.
- The Hudson's Bay Point Blanket Jacket: See the jacket that was used as a trade item between natives and one of the largest trading companies of its time.
- Suspension Bridge: The trail quickly leads to the rivers edge where you cross over the bridge.
- Authentic Trapping Tools: See some of the traps and snares once used by the fur traders and try your hand at snaring a guide!
- Paint Pots: A mineral deposit used by the first nations people as a natural pigment often used for rock painting.
Your Tour Includes:
- Friendly, certified guide
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Small group size
- Hot chocolate and maple taffy treat
- Snowshoes & hiking poles
- Authentic historical props
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm boots. Ski wear is strongly recommended for this tour.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
- Season dates - December 12th to April 3rd
Adult: 13 years +
Child: 8 - 12 years
Check availability and prices