Snowshoeing Tour to Marble Canyon
Adult Price: $68.00 (Adult: 13 and up)
Child Price: $42.00 (Child: 8-12)
Departure Information: 1:30pm daily from November 18th 2016 to April 16th 2017
Duration: 4 hours
Where to meet: Hotel pick up and drop off provided from Banff
Your Tour Includes: Friendly, certified guide, small group size, hot chocolate & maple taffy treat, snowshoes, hiking poles and authentic historical props
An easy afternoon introductory tour to snowshoeing. Travel to Kootenay National Park and admire the dramatic colours of Marble Canyon. See how the pounding and frozen waters of Tokumn Creek have eroded a 40 meter deep limestone gorge. Walk through the forest left standing from the 2003 Kootenay fire and search for snowshoe hare, lynx and wolf tracks while exploring how the landscape is changing and animals are adapting.
We own and operate many of the activity tour companies in Banff, so we can guarantee you'll find the best price by booking direct. Look for this badge.
A highlight for many is the unique Canadian treat - hot maple taffy, made in the snow by your guide.
Return Distance: 3.5 km
Elevation Gain: minimal
- Marble Canyon, a 40m deep gorge, forged by Tokumn Creek
- Kootenay Fire: See the destruction caused by the wildfire that threatened Banff in 2003 and how the landscape and animals are adapting.
- The Hudson's Bay Point Blanket Jacket: See the jacket that was used as a trade item between natives and one of the largest trading companies of its time.
- Authentic Trapping Tools: See some of the traps and snares once used by the fur traders and try your hand at snaring a guide!
- Maple taffy treat made in the snow.
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm boots. Ski wear is strongly recommended for this tour.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- Season dates - November 20th to April 10th
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
Check availability and prices