Johnston Canyon Icewalk ® Evening
Johnston Canyon IceWalk at night! All the spectacular winter scenes, where snow and ice have formed brilliant icicles and frozen waterfalls. We'll light up the canyon and lower falls with powerful uplights to showcase and capture nighttime images. Included is a Banff souvenir (valued at $15.00)
Use headlamps to light your way through the narrow canyon as your small group (max 12) follow our guide to the lower falls. The catwalks built into the canyon walls make this an easy trip for everyone. Along the way your guide will tell stories, point out unique features by powerful flashlights and pause for moments of darkness so you can appreciate the canyon at night. At our turn around point we'll light up the lower falls and tunnel for viewing and photo opportunities, and have a light supper snack. You will take away a new impression of Johnston Canyon and a souvenir headlamp for future adventures.
Itinerary and Highlights
- Bow Valley Parkway: Travel through prime wildlife habitat on the way to the trailhead.
- Catwalks: Steel walkways built into Johnston Canyon walls give an airy view of the gorge below.
- Lower falls: Walk through a natural cave feature for a unique view of the lower falls.
- Rockies geology: The rock is ancient, the creek is old, and the canyon you are walking in is young. Sort out the mystery on your tour.
Remember to bring
- Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm boots. Ski wear is strongly recommended for this tour.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions