Johnston Canyon IceWalk at night!
Use headlamps to light your way through the narrow canyon as your small group (max 12) follow our guide to the lower ice falls. The catwalks built into the canyon walls make this an easy trip for everyone. Along the way your guide will tell stories, point out unique features by powerful portable spotlights and pause for moments of darkness so you can appreciate the canyon at night. At our turn around point we'll light up the lower icefalls and tunnel for viewing and photo opportunities. You will take away a new impression of Johnston Canyon and a souvenir headlamp for future adventures.
Adult; 13 years +: $64.00
Child; 8 - 12 years: $40.00
Included for everyone is a take home 'I ❤ Banff' souvenir (valued at $15.00)
6:30pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Tuesday
Where to Meet:
Hotel pick up and drop off provided from Banff
Your tour includes:
Friendly, certified guides
Hot chocolate and maple cookie snack
Ice cleats and hiking poles
I ❤ Banff Johnston Canyon IceWalk Souvenir (valued at $15.00)
Itinerary and Highlights
- Bow Valley Parkway: Travel through prime wildlife habitat on the way to the trailhead.
- Catwalks: Steel walkways built into Johnston Canyon walls give an airy view of the gorge below.
- Lower falls: Walk through a natural cave feature for a unique view of the lower falls.
- Rockies geology: The rock is ancient, the creek is old, and the canyon you are walking in is young. Sort out the mystery on your tour.
Remember to bring
- Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm boots. Ski wear is strongly recommended for this tour.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years.