Great Divide Dogsledding
Adult Price: Regular $175.00, High season $195
Child Price: Child $175.00, High season $195
Infant Price: $30.00 (Infant: 5 & under)
Departure Information: 9:30am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm
Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours
Where to meet: Great Divide Trailhead in Lake Louise, 45mins from Banff (one way)
Our most popular dog sledding tour! Lake Louise is an icon for Canada and a stunning place to visit. Dogsledding is the most popular winter activity and an adventure suitable for anyone.
Combined these are bound to create the most memorable experience of your holiday. Dogsledding the Great Divide Tour takes you along the base of giant peaks in Lake Louise nearly 8km to the Continental Divide the high point separating the east from the west. Guests have the opportunity to get to know the dogs, their guides, learn the basics of driving a team and are encouraged to drive the team home, covering 16km (10 miles) in total!
Itinerary & Highlights:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour time. Meet the guides and dogs! The dogs love visitors and welcome the pre dog sled attention.
- You will be mushing in Banff National Park, one of Canada's World Unesco Heritage Sites. The far end of this tour arrives at the historical Great Divide Arch, which marks the watershed division between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
- After the tour you have the opportunity to toss the dogs their frozen chicken popsicle.
- Budget 1.5 to 2 hours for this tour.
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothing, including hats, gloves and warm boots. Ski wear is strongly recommended for this tour.
- Don't forget your camera.
December 2nd to April 2nd
December 16th - January 4th
February 10th - February 14th
February 17th - February 20th
March 17th - March 20th
March 24 - April 2nd
- Prices are based on two adult rates per sled
- Maximum two adults and one small child $30 (under 5 years) per sled
- Maximum weight per seld is 400lbs (please advise of weight for each guest when booking)
- Children 6 and over are charged at the adult rate
- Upgrade to the Winter Adventurer Package for $34 which includes transport from Banff at 10:15am, and returns back to Banff at 5pm and free time spent at the Chateau Lake Louise and a snowshoe taster session, please call to upgrade or add children on 1 877 565 9372.
This tour is very popular and will sell out. Please reserve early to avoid disappointment.
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions