Banff Wildlife Tours - Discover Grizzly Bears
Visit the Grizzly Bear Refuge, home to orphaned grizzly bear 'Boo'. Included is an education and interactive tour of the 22 acre habitat and the opportunity to view a grizzly bear interacting much as they do in the wild; foraging, hunting, playing, swimming, snoozing and exploring. A full day tour including gourmet lunch at Canada's highest restaurant.
There is so much on this tour packed into one day. Visit the grizzly bear Boo as he romps and plays in natural bear habitat. Our guided Banff wildlife tours include stops at Lake Louise, Takakkaw Falls and Kicking Horse Canyon. Ride the gondola at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort for an eagle’s eye view of grizzly country, walk the summit trails and dine on a gourmet lunch at Canada’s highest restaurant. Experience an up-close visit with Boo, the resident bear of the refuge.
Guaranteed Grizzy Bear Sighting!
Itinerary and highlights:
- Lake Louise: Take a stroll on the lakeshore.
- Spiral Tunnels: The 'Big Hill' was the Canadian Pacific Railway's biggest challenge in the Rockies. See how they conquered this challenge.
- Takakkaw Falls: Canada's second highest waterfall at 254m.
- Kicking Horse Canyon: Watch for whitewater rafters charging through the Class 4 rapids.
- Gondola Ride: Soar to the heights of the Purcell Mountains.
- Eagle's Eye: Enjoy lunch and a spectacular view of the Canadian Rockies.
- Grizzly Refuge Tour: Observe Boo, rescued as a cub, and be fascinated with bear information.
- Guaranteed Grizzly Bear sighting! If you don't see Boo, go on the tour again for free!
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothes - dress for the weather
- Don't forget your camera!
- Early and late season bookings may be subject to itinerary changes.
- Please enquire at time of booking.
- Until Takakkaw Falls Road opens, alternative stop will be at Emerald Lake.
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
Check availability and prices