Kananaskis River Rafting with transport (PM)
Adult Price: $107.00 - Adults, 16+ years
Child Price: $72.00 - Child, 5-15 years
Departure Information: Tour starts 12:45pm (May 12th - Sept 17th 2017). Tour finishes approx. 5:45pm in Canmore or 6:15pm in Banff
Duration: 5 hours
Where to meet: Pick-up available from Banff & Canmore on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Your Tour Includes: Prices include $3 per person river fee, Transportation from Banff/Canmore, River time: 1.5 - 2 hours, Refreshments and snacks to charge up on after your tour, FREE photos of your trip
Half day rafting trip ideal for families or first timers. The Kananaskis River provides a consistent (dam controlled) whitewater experience. Available with transport, picks up from Banff and Canmore.
Winding through the picturesque landscape of Kananaskis Country, the Kananaskis River is a great whitewater experience for families or as a group outing. Conveniently located 45 minutes west of Calgary in the front ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, this river offers the novice rafter a thrilling and fun introduction to whitewater rafting.
- Professional River Guide with each boat - who will explain and demonstrate paddle, safety and emergency techniques
- All safety equipment: wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties and gloves
- Dryland safety instruction
Itinerary and highlights:
- Scenic views of the front range Rocky Mountains
- Class II & III family friendly rapids
- FREE photos of your trip will be available on the Chinook Rafting website
Remember to bring:
- Swimsuit - have it on under your clothes prior to your trip for added convenience
- A towel and a bag - to hold your personal belongings whilst you’re out on the river
- A toque/beanie/wooly hat - on cold days for under your helmet, it will get wet.
- A change of clothes including a warm fleece for after your rafting trip
- Clothes suitable for the day - all your personal belongings will be left in your vehicle or in your personal bag while you are rafting.
- Contact lenses - are OK if you are comfortable swimming in them, please tell your guide.
- Sunscreen - great on a hot day, avoid putting it above or near your eyes.
- Medical Concerns - please bring any medication you may need and inform your guide of any medical condition.
- Cameras - do not bring your camera on the raft unless it is waterproof. Same day action photo USBs are for sale at reasonable prices
- Must be over 5 years old and 40lbs
- Glasses or sunglasses - are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Valuables - best left behind in your hotel.
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
Check availability and prices