Kananaskis River Rafting (PM)
Adult Price: $97.00 - Adult, 16+
Child Price: $62.00 - Child, 5-15 years
Departure Information: Tour starts 13:30pm (May 12th - Sept 17th 2017). Tour finishes approx. 5:30pm
Duration: 4 hours
Where to meet: Meet at Nakoda Lodge, Tours meet at the river base 1:30 pm
Your Tour Includes: Prices include $3 per person river fee, River time: 1.5 - 2 hours, Refreshments and snacks to charge up on after your tour, FREE photos of your trip
Half day rafting trip ideal for families or first timers. The Kananaskis River provides a consistent (dam controlled) whitewater experience, closest to Calgary, Banff and Canmore, Alberta.
Winding through the picturesque landscape of Kananaskis Country, the Kananaskis River is a great whitewater experience for families or as a group outing. Conveniently located 45 minutes west of Calgary in the front ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, this river offers the novice rafter a thrilling and fun introduction to whitewater rafting.
- Professional River Guide with each boat - who will explain and demonstrate paddle, safety and emergency techniques
- All safety equipment: wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties and gloves
- Dryland safety instruction
- Practice paddling on the river before the waves
- Refreshments and snacks to charge up on after your tour
Where to meet:
- Meet at Nakoda Lodge - Directions to Nakoda Lodge and a Google map.
- Please allow 45mins driving time (one way) from Banff/Calgary
- Transportation - available at a small fee for most of our trips.
Itinerary and highlights:
- Scenic views of the front range Rocky Mountains
- Class II & III family friendly rapids
- FREE photos of your trip will be available on the Chinook Rafting website
Remember to bring:
- Swimsuit - have it on under your clothes prior to your trip for added convenience
- A towel and a bag - to hold your personal belongings whilst you’re out on the river
- A toque/beanie/wooly hat - on cold days for under your helmet, it will get wet.
- A change of clothes including a warm fleece for after your rafting trip
- Clothes suitable for the day - all your personal belongings will be left in your vehicle or in your personal bag while you are rafting.
- Contact lenses - are OK if you are comfortable swimming in them, please tell your guide.
- Sunscreen - great on a hot day, avoid putting it above or near your eyes.
- Medical Concerns - please bring any medication you may need and inform your guide of any medical condition.
- Price does not include transport
- Cameras - do not bring your camera on the raft unless it is waterproof. Same day action photo USBs are for sale at reasonable prices
- Must be over 5 years old and 40lbs
- Glasses or sunglasses - are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Valuables - best left behind in your hotel or car.
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
Check availability and prices