The Columbia Icefields Parkway Tour
Adult Price: $179.00 (Adult: 16 and up)
Child Price: $95.00 (Child: 6-15)
Infant Price: FREE (Infant: 5 & under)
Departure Information: 09:30 daily
Duration: 10 hours
Where to meet: Hotel pick up and drop off provided from Banff & Lake Louise
Our Columbia Icefields Parkway Tours have smaller group sizes and are more intimate. Our vehicle sizes allow for more flexibility and stops along the way, including an alpine picnic lunch. See more and learn more through this fun and interactive tour.
A full day sightseeing tour that travels through a landscape carved by glaciers and opened by pioneers. The Columbia Icefields Parkway tour begins with a stop at world famous Lake Louise. It then continues along the Icefields Parkway which is rated as one of the most scenic highways in the world. Marvel at glaciers remaining from the last ice age while you hear stories of early explorers who opened the valleys. Enjoy an alpine picnic before visiting the Athabasca Glacier and Columbia Icefields Centre, where you will board the Snow Coach to take you right on to the glacier, where you're allowed to safely walk on the ice ($54.95 value INCLUDED in tour cost). Seasonal dates - 15th April to 10th October 2016
Itinerary and highlights:
- Lake Louise: A brief photo stop at the most famous lake in Canada
- Crowfoot Glacier: One of the day's many up close glacier views.
- Peyto Lake: The classic emerald green jewel of the Canadian Rockies.
- Saskatchewan Crossing: A rest stop/coffee break.
- Mountain Picnic Lunch: Enjoy a hearty lunch with your choice of sandwich at a scenic stop along the Icefields Parkway.
- Columbia Icefields: Venture onto the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer! and visit the interpretive centre.
- Bow Lake: The headwaters of the mighty Bow River.
- Friendly, certified guide and small group sizes
- Hands on interpretive tools
- Hotel pick up and drop off,
- Mountain picnic lunch,
- Use of binoculars/spotting scopes
- Ice Explorer Tour
Sandwich choices are:
- Rockies Club Wrap: chicken, bacon, tomato, lettuce, egg & mayonnaise
- Roast Beef: Monetary Jack Cheese with horseradish mayonnaise on a soft bun
- Vegetarian Wrap: lettuce, arugula, roasted red pepper, red onions and cucumbers with pesto aioli
- Green Salad with chicken breast (gluten free option)
Lunch also includes an apple, cranberry juice, salted potato chips and a brownie
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothes, including hats, gloves and warm shoes. It can get very cold on the Athabasca Glacier.
- Remember your camera!
- Early and late season road/trail closures may limit access to some areas.
For more information please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
Check availability and prices